Terms and Conditions
Sloane Helicopters Limited
Table of Contents
- Your Agreement
- Grant of Rights
- User Responsibilities
- Sloane Ownership; Reservation of Rights.
- Links to Third-Party Sites
- Code of Conduct
- Limitations on Users’ Privileges
- Limitation of Liability
- Modifications to these Terms and to the Website
- Site Administration
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS OUR SITE.
These Terms govern your use of the Website and, unless separate or additional terms apply, any application using content from this Website and any mini-site on this Website. Please read these Terms carefully; they impose legal obligations on you and on us, and establish our legal relationship. By accessing our Website, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them.
Additional conditions apply (our Conditions of Carriage [insert link], the “Conditions of Carriage”) if you buy a ticket for a flight operated by us.
Grant of Rights
Provided you comply with these Terms, we grant you the right to access all areas of the Website for purposes of (i) learning more about our services; (ii) registering to receive alerts, e-vites, e-announcements and other materials; and (iii) purchasing tickets and associated services in accordance with our Conditions of Carriage (collectively we call these “PermittedPurposes” in these Terms).
In addition, we grant you the right to print out a reasonable number of pages from our Website, and circulate to interested parties a copy of these pages, provided that (a) you use – and ensure others with whom you share copies use – the print-outs only for Permitted Purposes, and (b) you retain on these print-outs any copyright notices or other proprietary notices as they appear on our Website. Apart from these express rights to use our Site and print out Site content for Permitted Purposes, you may not use, copy, modify, distribute, or access our Website, or any materials we have made available on the Site.
From time to time, we may request and/or accept your feedback or testimonials regarding Sloane, our services or our Site. We will not disclose, disseminate or publish such feedback or testimonials outside of Sloane without obtaining your consent to do so.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user names, passwords and personal identification numbers, booking references or other travel-related data which is necessary to access the Website or which is supplied to you by the Website.
- You may provide data of the kind described in 3.1 above to family members, friends or colleagues (your “Nominated Person”) and allow them to access the Site on your behalf provided that: i) you have obtained the consent of any other persons whose booking data or personal data is accessible with your data (such as a group booking); and ii) you accept full responsibility for the acts and omissions of your Nominated Person when accessing the Website with the information supplied, whether or not such access is authorised by you.
- You must not permit access to or use of this Website to any commercial entity or other organisation providing a service to the public.
- If you have reason to believe that any data of the kind described in 3.1 above which is used by you to access the Website is known to any person other than your Nominated Person(s) and is therefore no longer confidential, it is your duty to promptly change the affected information.
Sloane Ownership; Reservation of Rights.
All information, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, logos, and other content on the Website, including all associated intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, the Website’s layout, organisation, underlying software code and underlying data) are the property of Sloane and its licensors, and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws, or are included based on principles of “fair use.” Sloane retains all rights with respect to the Website except those expressly granted to you in Section 2 (Grant of Rights), above and, as such, you must not copy, modify, alter, publish, broadcast, distribute, sell or transfer (whether in whole or in part) any of the aforementioned material or data, except in accordance with Section 2 above.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Website may contain links or produce search results that reference links to third- party websites (collectively we call these “Linked Sites” in these Terms). Sloane has no control over these Linked Sites or their content and does not assume responsibility or liability for any content, opinions, or materials available on Linked Sites. Sloane does not endorse the content of any Linked Site, nor does Sloane warrant that a Linked Site will be free of computer viruses or other harmful code that can impact your computer or other web-access device. By using the Website to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that such use is at your own risk.
You may link only to the homepage of this Website provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal. You may not link to any other pages of this Website unless you have obtained our prior express written permission to do so. We reserve the right to withdraw permission to link to any page of our Website at any time should we, in our sole opinion, consider that a link is inappropriate, offensive or otherwise controversial.
Code of Conduct
As a condition to your use of the Website, you agree to follow our code of conduct as set out below (the “Code of Conduct”). Under the Code of Conduct, you will not:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Site and related infrastructure or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Site or attempt by any other means to achieve the same.
- Seek to obtain access to any materials or information that we have not intentionally made available to you through the Website, through any “hacking”, “screen scraping”, automated algorithm, device, method, system, software, manual process or any other means.
- Submit material that is intentionally false, obscene, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, illegal, or unlawfully
- Transmit materials through the Site that you know or should know contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, malware, exploits, root kits, keyloggers, malicious software, adware, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal
- Infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or Electronic materials – such as music, videos, games, images, and text in electronic form – can easily be copied, modified and sent over networks (such as the Internet). These materials may not be transmitted over the Website without the copyright owner’s permission, or without a legitimate “fair use” justification for the transmittal.
- Deface, alter or interfere with the appearance of the Website or its underlying software code.
- Permit any automatic registration, logging in or access to any of the materials provided on the Website.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain unauthorised access, via any means whatsoever, to any of our networks or to accounts of other users or their information
- Disclose any confidential information of any other person, whether natural or legal, including, without limitation, our confidential information and/or that of our users.
- Make any unauthorised, false or fraudulent booking in respect of tickets supplied pursuant to our Conditions of Carriage.
- Make any use of the Site that may infringe on or interfere with the rights of other users or third parties, to the extent not already set out above.
Limitations on Users’ Privileges
Without prejudice to any of our other rights, whether at law or otherwise, we reserve the right to limit your use of the Website in any or all of the following ways.
- Revocation or Suspension of Users’ We reserve the right at any time to terminate or suspend your access (or that of your Nominated Person(s)) to some or all of the Website, without notice, if you (or your Nominated Person(s)) engage in activities that we conclude, in our absolute discretion, breach our Code of Conduct.
- Parameters of use. You may only use this Website in accordance with these Terms and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes. In using the Website, you must comply with all applicable laws in the United Kingdom or the jurisdiction from which you access the Website.
- To the extent that you breach these Terms or our Conditions of Carriage, we reserve the right to cancel any or all of your bookings and purchases made through the Website, without notice to you.
- Concerning Site Functionality and We give no guarantee or make any promise that the Website and information or materials thereby supplied will be error-free, bug or virus-free, always available or uninterrupted, or that the Site will provide specific results from your use of any content, search, or link on the Site. WE DISCLAIM TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ITS FUNCTIONALITY OR AVAILABILITY, THE SERVICES AVAILABLE ON IT AND ANY CONTENT ON IT.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, PRODUCT LIABILITY, OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOSS OF USE), EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.
Any and all software products downloaded from any section of this Website or any Linked Sites are downloaded, installed and used entirely at your own risk.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any liability, loss, expense or claim owing to third parties, including reasonable legal fees, arising from or related to your (or your Nominated Person(s)) breach of these Terms.
Modifications to these Terms and to the Website
We modify these Terms, any such modifications will take effect proactively, upon your subsequent access to the Website. Your continued use of the Website shall signify your acceptance of the updated Terms. Please feel free to print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
We may improve, update or otherwise alter the information, services, products and materials available via this Website, or terminate the same entirely, at any time, without notice.
These Terms, your use of the Website, any material accessed through or downloaded from the same, any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such matters, their subject matter or formation (including but not limited to non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You hereby agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts, but we reserve the right to, and you agree that we may, bring proceedings in:
- the courts of the country in which you reside;
- the courts of the location from which you accessed the Website, or in which you used or stored any of the materials obtained therefrom;
- the courts of the location of any breach by you (or your Nominated Person(s)) of these Terms and Conditions; and/or
- the courts of the location of your authorisation of any of the above acts.
You acknowledge and agree that damages alone would not be an adequate remedy for any breach of the terms of these Terms. Accordingly, we shall be entitled to the remedies of injunction, specific performance or other equitable relief for any threatened or actual breach of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This agreement and the terms and conditions contained herein set forth the entire understanding and agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede any prior or contemporaneous understanding, whether written or oral. To the extent that these Terms are translated into languages other than English, in the event of any conflict or inconsistency, the English language Terms shall prevail.
The following provisions shall survive the termination of these Terms and shall apply indefinitely:
Section 4 (Sloane Ownership; Reservation of Rights)
Section 8 (Disclaimers)
Section 9 (Limitation of Liability)
Section 10 (Indemnity)
Section 12 (General)
Section 13 (Survival)